Who is a paddler?
Someone who uses a paddle or Oar with a boat or board to navigate themselves on a body of water, moving or otherwise in a safe and conscious way.
MISSION of GVPC
Be an example for the community on how to have a healthy relationship with water and the rivers that flow through this Grand Valley.
Develop the paddling community in the Grand Valley through education, engagement, and encouragement while equipping them with paddling skills.
How do I stay safe on the river?
- Make sure your PFD/Lifejacket fits properly and that it is snug, be sure to wear it when on the water
- Be aware of hazards on the river
- Water temperature (dress accordingly)
- Currents (be able to swim away from danger)
- Water hazards (strainers, sieves, foot entrapment)
- Paddle only to your ability. Get training and know what you are getting yourself into
- If you swim get into the defensive swimmers position on your back with your feet up downstream of your head
- Never paddle alone, always have someone to paddle with that’s the whole reason why we started the Grand Valley Paddling Club
Don't have a paddle?
- Centennial Canoe Outfitters – canoes
CMU Outdoor Program – rafts, duckies, kayaks, and SUPs.
Adventure Bound – rafts
Rimrock Adventures – rafts, kayaks, canoes, and SUPs
GJ SUP – SUPs
Rapid Creek Cycle – SUPs
Need a ride too?
What are the river levels?
What's the river like?
GET IN TOUCH
Contact the GVPC | Get more information | Want something added to the site?
Tell us about something that is happening or let us know we are doing a good job.
We want to hear from you!